[Dovecot] [OT] Outlook identities

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Apr 13 09:35:53 EEST 2012

Am 13.04.2012 01:33, schrieb Michael Orlitzky:
> Nothing to do with Dovecot, but I figured this is the best place to ask.
>
> Do any of the newer versions of Outlook have proper identities support
> like Thunderbird, mutt, Roundcube, i.e. every other mail client on Earth?
>
> We have customers who set up ten different mailboxes for one person
> because otherwise Outlook won't Do the Right Thing. Is there some way to
> make it behave like the others?
>
>  * When sending new mail, you can choose which address to use.
>  * When replying to mail, it sends from the address that the message
>    was sent to by default.
>  * All mail winds up in one inbox.
>
> Outlook (2003, 2007) does do this if you set up different mail accounts,
> but we shouldn't have to do that.

you can do it with exchange,
no wonder outlook isnt a internet mail client in first line
its the client of exchange, so people should use real internet mail
clients ( TB etc ), if m$ would more be compatible, the need of exchange
may more less , but this should not be , as cashmakers should live
forever *g

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sending-As.html

there are a few tricks to goal with profiles etc,  but i saw nothing
that was equal to thunderbird identities

but there a many lists an payed support for outlook, you may asked there
i also looked in my newest outlook version and didnt found something
related

i found this add on

http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/outlook/email_accounts.html
--