[Dovecot] problems upgrade 2.0 - 2.1 virtual inbox broken / special use namespace /solved

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Apr 16 22:01:26 EEST 2012

Am 16.04.2012 17:48, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> Am 15.04.2012 14:52, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
>> Hi Timo
>>
>> the virtual setup got broke after update to 2.1
>> ( its still working under 2.0 ) on other loadbalanced server
>>
>> namespace default {
>>   separator = /
>>   prefix = ""
>>   list = yes
>>   subscriptions = yes
>>   hidden = no
>> }
>>
>> namespace virtual {
>>   prefix = "virtual/"
>>   separator = /
>>   location = virtual:/etc/dovecot/virtual:LAYOUT=maildir++:INDEX=~/virtual
>>   hidden = yes
>>   list = no
>>   subscriptions= no
>> }
>>
>> namespace real {
>>   prefix = "RealMails/"
>>   separator = /
>>   list = no
>>   hidden = yes
>> }
>>

>> after upgrade  i have
>>
>> Error: Couldn't open INBOX: Virtual mailbox open failed because of
>> mailbox <hidden>/RealMails/: Invalid mailbox name
>>
>> ---------------------
>
> ok i identified the problem
> but didnt find a working other solution
>

> +RealMails/ << not longer work in 2.1
> +RealMails/*
> -RealMails/Trash
> -RealMails/Trash/*
> -RealMails/Sent
> -RealMails/Sent/*
> -RealMails/Templates
> -RealMails/Templates/*
> -RealMails/Drafts
> -RealMails/Drafts/*
> -RealMails/Archives
> -RealMails/Archives/*
>  all
>

>> also
>>
>> i wanted
>>  to include
>>
>> namespace inbox {
>>
>>   #mailbox name {
>>     # auto=create will automatically create this mailbox.
>>     # auto=subscribe will both create and subscribe to the mailbox.
>>     #auto = no
>>
>>     # Space separated list of IMAP SPECIAL-USE attributes as specified by
>>     # RFC 6154: \All \Archive \Drafts \Flagged \Junk \Sent \Trash
>>     #special_use =
>>   #}
>>
>>   # These mailboxes are widely used and could perhaps be created
>> automatically:
>>   mailbox Drafts {
>>     special_use = \Drafts
>>   }
>>   mailbox Junk {
>>     special_use = \Junk
>>   }
>>   mailbox Trash {
>>     special_use = \Trash
>>   }
>>
>>   # For \Sent mailboxes there are two widely used names. We'll mark both of
>>   # them as \Sent. User typically deletes one of them if duplicates are
>> created.
> [...]

for small test this setting should work with 2.1 and special use namespace

notice default namespace virtual example in the wiki must change
to namespace inbox
so the i.e sql lookup must change

CASE '%s' WHEN 'pop3' THEN NULL ELSE 'yes' END AS 'namespace/inbox
/inbox', \
CASE '%s' WHEN 'pop3' THEN 'yes' ELSE NULL END AS
'namespace/virtual/inbox', \

10-mail.conf

..
namespace inbox {