[Dovecot] Configuration advices for a 50000 mailboxes server(s)

Mauricio López Riffo mlopez at gtdinternet.com
Tue Apr 17 14:54:15 EEST 2012

Frank,

     Here we have approx. 200K users with 4000 concurrent connections
(90% POP3 users)  All servers in virtual environment Vmware, supermicro
servers and Netapp Metrocluster storage solutions (nfs storage with 10G
ethernet network)  POP3 sessions take betwen 40 and 300 milisecons at
connect, auth and list.  All accounts lives in LDAP, CentOS 5 and exim
like a mta relay.

Regards

--
Mauricio López Riffo