[Dovecot] migration dove 2.0 2.1 shared namespace acl broken / shared/%%n/ works

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Apr 19 21:36:28 EEST 2012

Am 19.04.2012 18:30, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> Am 19.04.2012 17:41, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
>> On 19.4.2012, at 17.45, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Timo,
>>> i did some more tests
>>> in shared namespace
>>> prefix
>>>
>>> shared/%%u/ is not working
>>>

>>> shared/%%n/ is working
>>>
>>> i cant use that cause of mutiple domains
>>> naming convention ,users are user at domain.de etc
>>
>> I can't really think of why that would make a difference. I did a few tests and couldn't reproduce the problem. Try if changing the location in the shared namespace makes a difference:
>>
>> namespace {
>>  list = yes
>>  location = maildir:%%h:INDEX=~/shared/%%d/%%u
>
> hi Timo,
>
>>  prefix = shared/%%u/
> is not working !!! under 2.1 / it works under 2.0.20
>
> prefix = shared/%%n/
> is working
>

> but then i see only users of my domain acl shared
> with their user part of i.e user at domain.de
>
> --shared
>        user ( of my own domain )
>
> i cant use this because i have to share cross domain
> and users may have same names in different domains
>

> what i need is
>
> --shared
>        user at domainwhatever.de
>
>>  separator = /
>>  subscriptions = no
>>  type = shared
>> }
>>

>> BTW. You could remove autocreate plugin by moving the rest of the autocreates to mailbox { auto=create } settings.
> i know this
>
> nevertheless i try location change

just for info location change to
location = maildir:%%h:INDEX=~/shared/%%d/%%u
does not lead to get it work

prefix = shared/%%u/ simply dont works

i have reverted back to exact namespace config
of the 2.0.20 server, same result, so something broken in 2.1

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria