[Dovecot] dovecot LDA with sendmail

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 04:45:38 EEST 2012

Hadi Salem <almarzuki2001 at hotmail.com> writes:

> Im configuring sendmail with dovecot for virtual users using
> password file and file for user name. on centos.
>
> dovecot-1.0.7-7.el5

Maybe I can beat Charles Marcus to the punch and recommend you upgrade
to the latest version, otherwise you'll run into bugs that have already
been fixed.

> Mdovecot,
> P=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver, F=DFMPhnu9,S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP,
> R=EnvToSMTP/HdrFromSMTP,T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,A=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d
> $u
> Apr 19 20:52:13 host1 sendmail[22311]: q3JHqDAR022309:
> to=<jamal at example.com>, ctladdr=<root at host1.bigmama.com> (0/0),
> delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=dovecot, pri=120292, relay=dovecot,
> dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: dovecot mailer (/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver) exited
> with EX_TEMPFAIL

Is there any logs from deliver?  If not, look at this page to configure logging

 	http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA

That's your best chance at finding out the problem.

I don't have virtual users, so I can't venture to say whether this
is part of the problem.  I know I had to fiddle with the mailer flags
(you have "DFMPhnu9") to get my setup working, but I don't remember
what I did or why.  Try adding the "S" flag and see if that helps.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>