[Dovecot] default mail quota when using per user quota

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Fri Apr 20 21:01:39 EEST 2012

On 20/4/2012 5:31 μμ, Andreas Helmcke wrote:

> Do you/really/  have a default quota of 4G if roomNumber is empty or rather have unlimited quota then?

Yes, default quota is 4G for all mailboxes; if roomNumber is defined,
then that value is used instead. In practice we are using non-default
values for very few maiboxes.

We have a relatively small number of users/mailboxes (<300), so we have
the luxury of enjoying relatively large mailboxes (with some
"overbooking" - because most users rarely use more than 1G).

Nick