[Dovecot] Configuration advices for a 50000 mailboxes server(s)

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Sat Apr 21 12:52:57 EEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 07:31:13PM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> This issue has come up twice on the Postfix list in less than a month.

Oh, thanks! I'll look into those list posts.. I had mostly given up
solving this by rate limits and decided to throw hardware at the problem
when I saw the log entries for sender *.anpdm.com.. Seems to be a newsletter
sender, which I found as 203 different mailserver ip-addresses in our
incoming mailserver logs, from 53 different B-nets and 8 different A-nets.

Will give smtpd_client_connection_count_limit a try..

  -jf