[Dovecot] acls not copied when creating subfolder of private INBOX

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Apr 24 18:31:08 EEST 2012

Am 24.04.2012 17:17, schrieb Andreas Helmcke:
> Am 24.04.2012 16:54, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
>> Am 24.04.2012 16:09, schrieb Andreas Helmcke:
>>> When creating a subfolder of the public folder the dovecot-acl files gets copied to the subfolders directory as expected.
>>> When creating a subfolder of the users INBOX the dovecot-acl files does /not/ get copied to the subfolders directory.
>>
>>  i am not sure ,but but i think that works like designed
>>
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL
>> ..
>> ACL Inheritance
>
> I do read this as: when creating a new mailbox; acls are copied from parent.
> This it what it does for public folders but /not/ for the private ones. So in my opinion at least it is not working as
> documented.

i think its missunderstandable written

this is what counts i think

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL
"There is currently no support for ACL inheritance"
..

public folders are special cases....
it makes sense to have inheritance as default acl

but this may not be a good idea as default at users folders

read the list archive about this stuff, i cant remember all
but Timo wrote some about it, at last ,develop of that feature may be
still be not finshed

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer