[Dovecot] OT but E-Mail related. save a copy off all mail as eml

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Apr 26 19:09:01 EEST 2012

Am 26.04.2012 17:48, schrieb Götz Reinicke:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry to bug you with an not directly dovecot related question, but
> this is for me right now the place with the best mailsystem admins I know.
>
> I'm asked if there is a way to save a copy of all mail we send trough
> our sendmail server (Red Hat EL 5.x) in and out as an .eml file for
> further processing by a DMS system. The files should be saved on some
> network share.

you need archive solution, in postfix
its done like i.e.this

recipient_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/backup_bcc.pcre
sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/backup_bcc.pcre

then use i.e procmail for filter , but i wouldnt recommend .eml
i may be not easy to build uniq file names from i.e mail subject
storing in maildir should be good enough ( each mail is a file )

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria