[Dovecot] imapdir still a configuration option?

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt-dovecot at se.rit.edu
Tue Apr 3 00:23:20 EEST 2012

I've been looking at moving an old IMAPdir-based solution to dovecot.  I
came across references that dovecot (to my pleasant surprise) added
imapdir support in 1.1.  However, in trying 2.0.13 (from an OpenBSD
package) things start okay, but I see in the logs:

"Initialization failed: Initializing mail storage from mail_location
setting failed: Unknown mail storage driver imapdir"

Poking around in the sources, I still see lots of references to imapdir,
but see very little in the documentation.

Is IMAPdir still supported in 2.0.x (or even 2.1.x)?  I'd prefer not to
have to migrate users via renaming, especially since they like the
IMAPdir layout for their own searching.

--Kurt