[Dovecot] Modifying LDAP search results for user_attrs

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Wed Apr 4 16:10:38 EEST 2012

I need to authenticate users via LDAP either by mailaddress or login name.
In both cases the mailbox location is /src/mail/%d/%n. I can easily deduct
that path from the mailaddress, but not so from the login name.

Can I get the mail address as part of fetching user_attrs and modify it on the
fly? Something along the lines of this:

user_attrs = mail:/srv/mail/%d/%n=home,uidNumber=uid,gidNumber=gid

Or would I be able to modify this with a post-login script?

p at rick

--
state of mind ()
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666