[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA/LMTP vs postfix virtual delivery agent and the x-original-to header

Thu Apr 5 15:59:22 EEST 2012

On 2012-04-05 4:18 AM, Thomas Leuxner <tlx at leuxner.net> wrote:
 > Also with 2.x you may want to use LMTP rather than the LDA Piping.
 >
 > http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixDovecotLMTP

I am preparing to convert my main client's postfix_courier-imap setup to
dovecot 2.1, which currently just uses the postfix virtual delivery agent...

Does anyone know if the use of LMTP (or even the dovecot LDA) still
loses the x-original-to header that the postfix vda adds and that I rely
heavily on (since I use a lot of aliases), and if it does, is there any
solution to get the original recipient added back in before final delivery?

Everything I'm reading says that LMTP is better, but I really do need
this header (or one like it) to be there so I know who the original
recipient was (for filtering and other purposes).

Thanks,

--

Best regards,

Charles