[Dovecot] Dsync test on 2.1.3

Jitendra Bhaskar jeetuindian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:07:48 EEST 2012

Hi,

I am using dovecot version 2.1.3 on centos. I tested dsync from my live
server to one of backup server. But I got that its working for most of the
user and there is problem for few user. Some users got duplicated mail to
their mailbox and I saw there is some extra folders i.e Sent Items_* ,
Draft_* and Trash_* in few users mail box. and I synced only from main
server to backup server. I didn't enable mail_plugin in backup server.

My configuration for testing of Dsync on master server is as:

mail_plugins = $mail_plugins notify replication

service aggregator {
  fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
    user = vmail
     mode = 0666
     }

unix_listener replication-notify {
 user = vmail
  mode = 0666
  }
}

service replicator {
  # start replication at startup
 process_min_avail = 1
}

plugin {
   #host1 replicates to host2
   mail_replica = remote:root at backup_server

}

#dsync_remote_cmd = ssh -l%{login} %{host} doveadm dsync-server -u%u
-l%{lock_timeout} -n%{namespace}

dsync_remote_cmd = ssh -l root %{host} doveadm dsync-server -u%{user}
-l%{10} -n%{namespace}

service doveadm {
user = root
}

And in backup server :

service doveadm {
user = root
}

1. Problem is I am not getting why some user getting lots of duplicate
mails.
2. Why duplicate folders like Sent Items_* and Trash_* created for few users
3. I used only one way syncing then why both replicated.

Note: i am using root only for testing purpose

* Thanks & Regards   *
*Jitendra Kumar Bhaskar*
Cell:- +91 7306311531
         +91 8102997821