[Dovecot] ldap idle connection timeout in DoveCot 1.0.13?

Zhou, Yan yzhou at medplus.com
Wed Apr 11 17:49:05 EEST 2012

Hi there,

We are using DoveCot 1.0.13, it connects to LDAP server for authentication. It seems that DoveCot keeps the idle LDAP connection open.

Our firewall is terminating these connections after some time of idle activity (2 hours), then, we run into authentication problem. If we restart either LDAP or DoveCot, then it is fine.

Can we set some kind of LDAP idle connection timeout in DoveCot?  /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf.  I do not see any configuration available for 1.0.13.

Another alternative is to set idle connection timeout in LDAP, but we prefer doing that in DoveCot.

Thanks,
Yan

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in this transmission is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by telephone (513) 229-5500 or by email (postmaster at MedPlus.com). After replying, please erase it from your computer system.