[Dovecot] mbox folders on-disc layout

John Robinson john.robinson at anonymous.org.uk
Wed Apr 18 14:36:51 EEST 2012

I'd like to change the on-disk layout for my mboxes from being
   ~/mail/foo/bar
   ~/mail/foo.bar
so that I can have folders containing both messages and subfolders,
without having subfolders beginning with . and then having to do all the
other fiddling with locations of index files etc. that goes along with
LAYOUT=maildir++, and also leaving the filesystem layout looking
sensible so my users see their mailboxes instead of the index and
control files.

Is this possible or do I need to patch something?

(CentOS 6, dovecot 2.0.9)

Cheers,

John.