[Dovecot] help with AES_DECRYPT and password lookup - mysql password_query

Jeff Lacki jeep at rahul.net
Sat Apr 28 23:54:45 EEST 2012

Hello-

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I cant seem to get my password_query to
work with dovecot + mysql.  Im using 'Password verification by SQL server' at:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/SQL

trying to modify it to work with my encrypted passwords in the DB.

Im using the following which isnt working:

password_query = SELECT NULL AS password, \
    'Y' as nopassword, userid AS user \
    FROM users WHERE userid='%u' AND AES_DECRYPT(password, 'mykey')=password

1. Is it even possible to do this via 'password_query'?

2. If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff

/mf/home/jeep/shell/.signature