[Dovecot] doveadm purge -A via doveadm-proxy director fails after some users

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 1 23:38:21 EEST 2012

On 1.8.2012, at 23.25, Daniel Parthey wrote:

>> The error is still the same "config permission denied" shown above? I found that also from my server and added a debug patch, but it hasn't crashed yet. Could you try the attached patch and getting a gdb backtrace from the resulting core file? (Or at least the raw backtrace - getting a core file might be tricky.)
>
> Running command on a four host setup with mailbox+director instance each:
> /usr/bin/doveadm -c /etc/dovecot-director/dovecot-director.conf -D purge -A
>
> dovecot: doveadm(username at example.org): Error: userdb lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed: Permission denied (euid=501(vmail) egid=123(vmail) missing +r perm: /var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb, we're not in group 122(dovecot), dir owned by 0:0 mode=0755)

Ah, so the original patch helped! This is a different error.

Simplest solution now would be to make this world-rw, see the auth-userdb socket configuration in http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA#Virtual_users

But I guess this should also be fixed by doveadm-server. Although I don't think this should be happening by default anyway. Maybe this is also solved by the http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/476381017ec7 patch?