[Dovecot] getting rid of old spam from +spam Maildir ?

Voytek Eymont voytek at sbt.net.au
Sat Aug 4 01:33:55 EEST 2012

On Fri, August 3, 2012 11:53 pm, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 3.8.2012, at 16.47, Voytek Eymont wrote:
>>> Find out what Dovecot thinks the save dates are:
>>> doveadm fetch -u user at domain date.saved mailbox spam

>> date.saved: 2012-08-03 22:44:09
>> date.saved: 2012-08-03 22:44:09
>> date.saved: 2012-08-03 22:44:09
>> date.saved: 2012-08-03 22:44:09
>> date.saved: 2012-08-03 22:44:09
>> date.saved: 2012-08-03 22:44:09
>>
>>> I'm pretty sure the problem is simply that the saved date isn't what
>>> you expect it to be. With maildir it's initially taken from the file's
>>> ctime and added to cache.
>>
>> so... what do I need ?
>
> Are those dates changed all the time? The problem should get fixed
> eventually by itself, unless something else weird is going on.

thanks.
don't know, looking this morning it shows like below, the 00:05:05 is
probably last time I did 'ls'? I was doing 'ls' or web mail refresh, to
see what gets removed from 'spam' box, before and after each attempt to
expunge :

date.saved: 2012-08-03 00:05:05
date.saved: 2012-08-03 00:05:05
date.saved: 2012-08-03 00:05:05