[Dovecot] ot: mysql auth worker failure ?

Voytek Eymont voytek at sbt.net.au
Sat Aug 4 01:55:01 EEST 2012

>> where could that be called from ?
>
> From the default passdb/userdb sql settings. You haven't set one of
> password_query, user_query or iterate_query and it's trying to use the
> default which doesn't of course work with your database.

thanks

cd /etc/dovecot

grep password_query *

dovecot-sql.conf:password_query = SELECT username as user, password,
'/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n@%d' as userdb_home,
**TRIM**

# grep user_query *

dovecot-sql.conf:user_query = SELECT concat('/var/mail/vhosts/', maildir)
as home, concat('maildir:/var/mail/vhosts/', maildir) as mail,
**TRIM**

dovecot-sql.conf:user_query = SELECT '/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n@%d' as home,
'maildir:/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n@%d' as mail,
**TRIM**

OOPS, I seem to have duplicate user_query
with my two 'user_query', it's the last one in the file that wins, yes ?
so, I should remove the 1st one

# grep iterate_query *
#

none.
so, I need some 'iterate_query' inserted in my dovecot-sql.conf ?

--
Voytek