[Dovecot] getting rid of old spam from +spam Maildir ?

Voytek Eymont voytek at sbt.net.au
Mon Aug 6 01:47:19 EEST 2012

On Mon, August 6, 2012 2:23 am, Charles Marcus wrote:

> The 'date.saved:' is the date/time that the message was moved into that
> folder.
>
> The clock for these messages is based on the time it was moved into that
> folder, NOT the date/time the message was received in the message header.
> Maybe this is what is confusing you?

> So, if you have issue the command to remove messages older than 7 days,
> that would be 7 days *since they were moved into the folder*.

Charles,

thanks

these are a user+spam spam basket, the actual messages are either in 'new'
or 'cur', depending if a particular user logged to 'spam' basket or not

does that mean that say 7 days would clear new messages after 7 days, and,
any message that is not 'new' after 7 more days, assuming I run the
command daily ?

all I want is an auto way to clear +spam baskets after x days

--
Voytek Eymont