[Dovecot] dsync and pop3 migration plugin fails for large inbox due to idle timeout

Nikolai Schupbach nikolai at net24.co.nz
Wed Aug 8 18:28:27 EEST 2012

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your fix! Just want to confirm that the re-order of connections has fixed the issue. We still have occasional issues with the POP3 server (locking issues and busy timeouts etc). Because dsync reports sync ok, we have parse to output looking for 'Error: pop3_migration' to determine if it was in-fact ok or if we need to do a re-sync.

We have seen some IMAP 'Server dsconnected unexpectedly' errors also (on large mailboxes again), but it doesn't appear to cause any issues. Does dsync reconnect if the IMAP connection is lost?

Thank you.

Regards, Nikolai.