[Dovecot] Server side Sieve with virtual users

Luigi Rosa lists at luigirosa.com
Thu Aug 9 20:37:00 EEST 2012

Adrian Minta said the following on 09/08/2012 19:25:

> First step is to have a mail system that works without sieve. This is the hard
> part.

Not for me. I have more than 20 customers with their own Centos Linux with
Postfix and Dovecot compiled by me, and Mysql, apache, php from the distribution
source and RoundCube.

> protocols = pop3 pop3s imap imaps managesieve
> protocol lda  {
>    mail_plugins: quota sieve
> }
> protocol managesieve {
> }
> plugin {
>      sieve=~/.dovecot.sieve
>      sieve_dir=~/sieve
> }

That's the point: sieve_dir can be the 'root' of the maildir structure? Virtual
users do not have their own home (~) directory.

If the sieve file is store in the 'root' maildir of each user, Dovecot uses the
same single virtual (linux) user to access the maildir?

Ciao,
luigi

--
/
+--[Luigi Rosa]--

To define recursion, we must first define recursion.