[Dovecot] HA Mailbox Design

Arne K. Haaje arne at drlinux.no
Fri Aug 10 11:57:55 EEST 2012

Torsdag 9. august 2012 20.47.50 skrev Stan Hoeppner:

[snip]

> To be quite frank, based upon the level of technical acumen you've
> demonstrated here, and the general financial position Greece finds
> itself in, and the fact you're a public institution, it seems you're a
> much better candidate for a Gmail hosted infrastructure than a VPS
> infrastructure with some manner of ad hoc software only HA measures
> bolted on, which is all you can do with VPS servers--you don't control
> the storage.

If they are a public institution, then they may be prohibited from hosting on
Google, simply because possibly sensitive data would then be hosted in another
country.

As for HA I agree with Stan in that it is both very expensive and difficult to
do right, but I would also ask if do you *really* need it?

Arne
--
Arne K. Haaje
http://www.drlinux.no/