[Dovecot] about postlogin in dovecot2

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Aug 11 01:46:38 EEST 2012

bmalik wrote:
> i can manage read -d problem changing -p

You should not do that, since the semantics of -d and -p
are completely different. Argument -d ' ' sets the delimiter
for reading words to space, while -p enables password mode
in order to disable input echo. By simply replacing -d
with -p you will most probably break the functionality
of the original script.

On freeBSD you're using a different default shell (sh)
than the original author, so your "read" command provided
by the shell behaves differently.

Install bash or some other compatible shell which supports
read -d and try to replace the first line of the script
with #!/bin/bash or the corresponding shell executable
to use another shell for the execution of the script.

> what should be user rights of the postlogin_pop3.sh?

The flags r (read) and x (execute) should be allowed
for dovecot group, so that the mailserver can read and
execute the script. Others do not need access to the script.

I've set permissions for the "post-login" script as follows:
-rwxr-x--- root dovecot

Regards
Daniel
--