[Dovecot] v2.2 status update: IMAP NOTIFY extension and more

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 16 10:02:47 EEST 2012

> I'm also considering implementing an SMTP submission server, which works
> only as a proxy to the real SMTP server. The benefits of it would mainly
> be:

What would be really cool is if you also kept statistics on certain metrics, like how many emails a specific sender has sent. If this is done right, it could become a centralised spam sender back-off system over multiple smtp servers. Maybe something for the future. We now pay $$$$ for a commercial system that implements this.

Cor