[Dovecot] v2.2 status update: IMAP NOTIFY extension and more

Thu Aug 16 14:24:09 EEST 2012

On 2012-08-16 7:12 AM, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:
> My opinion is that this is very easily to implement in at least Postfix
> and probably other servers, hence I would suggest this is a function for
> the MTA, not for the Dovecot relay?

Well, true enough for simpler installations, but integrating something
like this in dovecot that can be applied across large dovecot director
based farms might be a good thing.

Actually, maybe (and maybe not, I honestly haven't thought this through
at all, and this might be a really dumb idea), instead of specific
support for this one feature, I wonder if it would make more sense to
actually build in support for a policy server (ie, amavisd-new) like
postfix has...

--

Best regards,

Charles