[Dovecot] namespace from snapshots

Lazy lazy404 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 14:22:02 EEST 2012

2012/8/19, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
> On 16.8.2012, at 14.58, Lazy wrote:

>>> Does the attached patch help?

>>> It could also be a bit problematic. At least message keywords (=custom
>>> flags) wouldn't work because the dovecot-keywords file exists only in
>>> the snapshot dir.
>>
>> Moving metadata helped, but now archived inbox is unsubscribed. Is
>> there a way to make all folders in an namespace subscribed by default
>> ?
>
> Nope. I could try to get the snapshots fixed at some point when I have more
> time, but I'm not going to add a feature to subscribe everything by default.
> People might try to start using it.

If I enable per snapshot subscriptions i see all folders except INBOX,
i have tried to subscribe it using
mailbox_list_subscription_fill_one() or using imap as bellow without
success

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-October/025965.html suggest that
it isn't possible

./imap/.libs/imap
* PREAUTH [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS
MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED
I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN
CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS SPECIAL-USE] Logged in as root
a subscribe "test"
a OK Subscribe completed.
a lsub "" "*"
imap(root): Warning: Subscriptions file /root/Maildir/subscriptions:
Removing invalid entry:
* LSUB () "." "Drafts"
* LSUB () "." "Sent"
* LSUB () "." "Junk"
* LSUB () "." "Trash"
* LSUB () "." "Deleted Messages"
* LSUB () "." "test.Drafts"
* LSUB () "." "test.Sent"
* LSUB () "." "test.Junk"
* LSUB () "." "test.Trash"
* LSUB () "." "test.Deleted Messages"
a OK Lsub completed.
b list "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "DUpa"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Deleted Messages"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Junk"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Trash"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Drafts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX"
* LIST (\HasChildren) "." "test"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "test.TEst"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "test.Deleted Messages"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "test.Junk"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "test.Trash"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "test.Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "test.Drafts"
b OK List completed.