[Dovecot] problem with virtual plugin/index files?

Lutz Preßler Lutz.Pressler at SerNet.DE
Fri Aug 24 10:28:10 EEST 2012

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> [...]
[...]
> > Situation with latest 2.1 is unchanged. But maybe it's easier to fix/
> > enhance now? Any estimate how much effort it would be?
>
> Just about the same amount of work I think. I haven't really looked at virtual plugin for a while, so I can't easily say how much work it would be. But my guess is that it wouldn't be easy.

Thanks. To force MEMORY indexes only (with location option in namespace or
forcibly - with warnings - by having empty index files for one mailbox
chattr +i'ed (extended attributes immutable flag on Linux filesystems))
disables full text search indexing also. What about regular deletion of main
index files. Is this a problem with FTS? "doveadm fts rescan" necessary,
too?

Btw, with 2.1 search results with or without fts indexes (solr,squat)
differ in substring behaviour (http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/FTS/Squat).
Namespaces with INDEX=MEMORY allow for a "slow search view". But then
no attachment content is searched...

Lutz