[Dovecot] Size of Mailbox affecting the sending of mail?

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Sun Aug 26 06:55:34 EEST 2012

On 8/24/2012 8:49 AM, Tim Smith wrote:
> My next guess was the upstream data rate. My router states that the
> upstream is 10x slower than downstream so I guess this is the culprit.
> Time to move to a VPS methinks...

Ok, you stated that you have multiple user PCs that are slow when
sending.  I guess, asked, if they were all behind the same DSL/Cable
line and if the Dovecot server was local or remote.

If the user PCs are local, and the server is remote, and the slow
outbound speed of your internet connection is the cause of the slow
sending, then I fail to see how moving to a VPS will help you.

You're not providing sufficient technical details explaining what
machines are located where.  We need to know that to give you the
correct answer(s) to your problem.

--
Stan