[Dovecot] Statistics scripts

Hans Morten Kind kind at it.uib.no
Wed Aug 8 19:13:21 EEST 2012

I guess everybody has spent their holiday looking into
the stats features of dovecot-2.1!

This is as far as I have got, it is a perl-script using
Curses to smooth the screen and capture keystrokes while
running. Mostly tested on Solaris but should probably run
everywhere setting $base_dir, it does not make use of
temporary files.

  http://half.uib.no/dovtop/dovtop.txt

Our site has app 20k users with 4-5k concurrent. We have
been using dovecot since 2006 with great success - though
a lot of the staff are prefering exhcange to get the calendar ...

When running for a while with a sleeptime of 10 or more
'dovtop' should give a reasonable status of current usage?

hmk