[Dovecot] Dsync and SIS

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 21:19:55 EEST 2012

Hi all,

Just to clarify, if we back up a dovecot 2 server with SIS for
attachments and ALT storage by rsyncing it (including the SIS and ALT
storage) to a remote server when it's idle (or at least almost entirely
so), and run dovecot on that machine, would it seem feasible to restore
backups from that server by using dysnc - specifically for the scenario
where someone accidentally deletes emails/folders etc.?

I've seen queries about SIS before but nothing specifically about this
scenario.

Cheers

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under number: 3727592)
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (entered on the FSA Register; number: 190856)