[Dovecot] dsync backup gets stuck... fails

Jeff Gustafson ncjeffgus at zimage.com
Sat Aug 11 00:54:02 EEST 2012

	More dsync issues. We were running 2.1.7 and we updated to 2.1.9. Same
problem with both versions.
	I'm getting an error 75 on about 40 boxes out of 1800. It is the same
list of boxes every time we use 'dsync backup' to backup the server.
dsync seems to stop communicating to the backup box (over ssh). strace
just shows it sitting at a epoll_wait. Once the program quits (times
out?), a 'du' shows the destination is smaller (200kbyte in one case).
	Has anyone else seen an exit code of 75? Nothing in the documentation
mentions what exit code 75 could mean.
	What can I do to help the developers locate the bug?

			...Jeff