[Dovecot] problem with virtual plugin/index files?

Lutz Preßler Lutz.Pressler at SerNet.DE
Sat Aug 18 00:12:14 EEST 2012

Hello Timo,

virtual file with "inthread/younger" (other dynamic searches?) in it
and indexes leading to too many (or too few?) search results.

On Do, 02 Dez 2010, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 11:08 +0100, Lutz Preßler wrote:
>
> >  inthread refs younger 604800
> >
> > This works as expected for the first time. But later on, also older messages/
> > threads are included until I delete the virtual/.week/dovecot.index*.
>
> I know there are problems related to this with INTHREAD, but they aren't
> very easy to solve and for now I've more important things to do.. If it
> seemed to work before, it was due to luck or due to some bug causing an
> unnecessary index rebuild. You could set :INDEX=MEMORY to work around
> this, but I don't know how much worse the performance would become. Or
> you could just manually delete the virtual indexes once a week.
Situation with latest 2.1 is unchanged. But maybe it's easier to fix/
enhance now? Any estimate how much effort it would be?

Thanks again for your work,
  Lutz