[Dovecot] sieve problem after upgrade to 2.1.12

Ben Morrow ben at morrow.me.uk
Mon Dec 3 10:55:12 EET 2012

At  9AM +0100 on  3/12/12 you (Daniel Funke) wrote:

> I have a sieve filter for a mailbox with amavisd-admin mails.
>
> if header :regex "Subject" "^INVALID HEADER"
> {
>          fileinto "INVALID HEADER";
> }
>
> After the upgrade to dovecot 2.1.12 this filter doesn't work for some
> (16) messages with this subject. For 424 messages it worked correct.

What does 'doesn't work' mean? Was the message delivered to the INBOX,
was it thrown away, did something else happen?

Is there anything else in the sieve script, or any other sieve scripts,
that might be affecting what happens?

> Any ideas where to look?

Start by looking in the main dovecot log to make sure the messages were
actually delivered by dovecot-lda (rather than by your mail server's own
LDA, for instance). Then check the .dovecot.sieve.log file in the user's
home directory for any sieve errors.

If it doesn't become apparent what's going on from that, then you will
need to find a way to reproduce this. Look at the messages which failed
and the messages which didn't, and see if you can see some common
difference.

Ben