[Dovecot] dotlock error

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 07:31:26 EET 2012

Please help. my error log is flooded with thousands of entries like this
Dec  4 19:48:15 mailsrv dovecot: IMAP(testmail):
file_dotlock_create(/public/.News/dovecot-uidlist) failed: Permission
denied (euid=1002(testmail) egid=1002(testmail) missing +w perm:
/public/.News)
util i restart the service things back to normal. however this is not
true. i have given 777 to dovecot-uidlist. and i dont know why this is
keep generating. please help