[Dovecot] dotlock error

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:21:17 EET 2012

Thanks, i also notice that it is keep changing. but how could i manage
that. because read only users are also unable to read emails. i just
keep working on it for many days but no luck.

and my need is very simple. a public folder with 1 owner and everyone
read only access. i don't know why it is not working.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> Like it says, it's missing write permissions to /public/.News directory. Dovecot keeps recreating the dovecot-uidlist file so it's not enough to change only its permissions.
>
> On 5.12.2012, at 7.31, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
>
>> Please help. my error log is flooded with thousands of entries like this
>> Dec  4 19:48:15 mailsrv dovecot: IMAP(testmail):
>> file_dotlock_create(/public/.News/dovecot-uidlist) failed: Permission
>> denied (euid=1002(testmail) egid=1002(testmail) missing +w perm:
>> /public/.News)
>> util i restart the service things back to normal. however this is not
>> true. i have given 777 to dovecot-uidlist. and i dont know why this is
>> keep generating. please help
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> i finally manage to control access on public folder by File system permission.
>>> i have 3 test users.
>>>
>>> 1. tom
>>> 2. fmaster