[Dovecot] dovecot backend on director ?

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Wed Dec 5 12:34:48 EET 2012

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 07:44:32PM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> b) One Dovecot instance with proxy_maybe. I'm not completely sure if this works. I think it does.

I remember an old thread were someone (you?) said proxy_maybe was not ready
(yet?) for director, causing "Proxying loops".

Better choose the multiple instance solution then I guess.

> With LMTP the mailbox access is done by the proper server.

What do you mean by the proper server ?

I don't want LMTP to be a SPOF, so I guess that if I've got for instance 2
directors, 2 real servers and mailboxes on NFS, I'd want 2 LMTP servers :

on which servers should those LMTP servers run ? On the director servers (which
would mean director should have the mailboxes mounted) ?

Thanks.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Groupe Exploitation et Infrastructure