[Dovecot] dotlock error

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 14:10:35 EET 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> Put index/control files elsewhere. See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Public#Read-only_Maildirs
Thanks :) worked,  just one single glitch and days of working :(.

still there is one more thing which is missing in my case.

after separating control and index files. i found no conflicts or
permission error. but one thing which i want to control and that is,
i dont want users to delete emails from there indexes.

for example. i want it to be controlled via owner of the mailbox for
instance  if HR is sending a new policy announcement no one shell got
the right to delete it even from their index files till HR release a
new version of document and delete the email manually.

do i have to use ACLs in my case or filesystem permissions will be suffice?

will ACLs work if i save index and control files on separate location?

Please advice, to accomplish my goal do i have to use the public
folder or shared mailbox ?

i would appreciate your guidance for my newbie type of questions :).

[cut]