[Dovecot] imap-login - where does the user get filled in from?

Fri Dec 7 17:04:17 EET 2012

On 2012-12-06 7:11 PM, Ben Morrow <ben at morrow.me.uk> wrote:
> An iPhone won't accept a self-signed certificate unless you install it
> in the system trusted certificate list. I don't know how you do that,
> or even if it's possible... Ben

Not true anymore (used to be though)... we use self-signed certs (and
have been for a long time).

Now, when you first connect, you get a prompt that you just have to say
'Continue' and it installs the cert permanently, although you have to do
it twice (once for inbound server, and once for outbound, if the server
name is different).

I still for the life of me don't understand why Apple (and Thunderbird
for that matter), usually so good at the whole 'user experience' thing,
doesn't default to, or even allow you to manually choose an option to
'Use same username/password for sending as receiving'...

--

Best regards,

Charles