[Dovecot] Building Dovecot 2.x on Ubuntu Hardy 10.04

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Dec 21 21:01:34 EET 2012

Tim Smith wrote:
> This is where I got stuck really - I wasn't sure how to integrate
> the pigeonhole source into the dovecot source.
> <http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/precise/mail/dovecot>

You extract the dovecot source package with
dpkg-source -x dovecot*.dsc
there should be a pigeonhole directory somewhere in the
extracted dovecot-$VERSION directory.

The old pigeonhole version is included in the dovecot*.diff of the
ubuntu source package.

Just untar the download from pigeonhole and replace the pigeonhole
directory in the dovecot-$VERSION directory with the new pigeonhole
directory from the download.

In order to include current dovecot versions, you will need to run uupdate
to integrate the new tarball into the package. See uupdate --help

Then you can build the package as described in previous mails.

Regards
Daniel
--
https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820