[Dovecot] mdbox: more then one altstorage

Peer Heinlein p.heinlein at heinlein-support.de
Sat Dec 29 00:27:43 EET 2012

Am 15.12.2012 09:23, schrieb Stan Hoeppner:> On 12/15/2012 1:44 AM, Peer
Heinlein wrote:

>> But we're having much more then >> 30 TB of maildata and doing an fsck
>> on huge partitions takes too much (down-) time for our mailsystem.
>
> Peer are you using NFS or a cluster filesystem?  Linux on the hosts or
> other?

I don't understand the reason for the question.

Even a NFS is based on a "real" filesystem that needs to be checked.

So: Where's the difference?!

But to answer your question: No, I'm using local Filesystems (and that's
good!) and  I'd absolutely avoid NFS or a ClusterFS for setups as big as
this.

Peer

--
Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-42
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,