[Dovecot] Cannot STORE \Seen flag on some mails

Frerich Raabe raabe at froglogic.com
Fri Dec 7 16:55:16 EET 2012

Am 11/28/2012 9:52 AM, schrieb Frerich Raabe:
> Am 11/28/2012 2:26 AM, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
>> On 27.11.2012, at 15.06, Frerich Raabe wrote:
>>> If I relax the ACL, I can mark the mail as seen myself. I guess
>>> that means the question is - why didn't the sieve_before manage to
>>> set the flag in all cases.
>>
>> Difficult to say, but I don't think it's worth debugging with v1.2.
>> Might be fixed already in v2.1..
>
> Hm, maybe indeed a reason to stop tip-toeing around upgrading to v2.1...
> the christmas season is coming, maybe this upgrade would be a good
> proejct for the vacation. ;-)

For the record, upgrading to Dovecot 2.1.10 and the Pigeonhole plugin
helped as far as I can see. Upgrading wasn't too painful (the
doveconf-based conversion helped even though the generated configuration
file was incomplete) either. Ever since I upgraded I now longer saw the
described behaviour. Just in case anybody ever has the same issue and
finds this thread in some email archive. :-)

Frerich Raabe - raabe at froglogic.com
www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing