[Dovecot] Dovecot version 1.2.17

Philip Coackley philip at coackley.com
Sun Dec 16 22:47:36 EET 2012

Hello,

I am currently performing retrospective upgrades to an old ubuntu 9.10
Karmic Kola server.

I need to upgrade dovecot 1.1.11 to 1.2.17 then to 2.0 etc.

I have downloaded the binaries and run ./configure make make install.

Dovecot compiles OK however I can not get the ./configure options to
install at the following locations:

executable: /usr/sbin/
config: /etc/dovecot/

Question:
What are the ./configure options to do this?

What are the ./configure options used to create the executable for
unbuntu? (especially 9.10 if different).

Reason for upgrade is auth-login errors every 2-3 weeks with 1.1.11 -
looking at the release descriptions, this should fix this and the memory
leaks!

Phil Coackley