[Dovecot] Advice on sieve vacation for aliases

Marcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Tue Dec 18 14:14:36 EET 2012

Greetings,

I have a working mail server with sieve 1:1.2.9-1ubuntu6.5 working just
fine. My commercial dept. has asked me to set a vacation message for
comercial at domain.tld, but this is an alias to jhon at domain.tld and
meggie at domain.tld. I have created a sieve_global_path =
/etc/dovecot/global.sieve and it works, but not the intended way: it
sends two vacation messages, each From: each employee, and not From:
comercial at domain.tld alias.

Is there how to make dovecot send only one vacation message From:
comercial at domain.tld or will I have to survive with one message from
jhon and another from meggie? Also, is there how to have a
dovecot.lda-dupes for the alias instead the users?

/etc/dovecot/global.sieve:

require ["vacation"];
# rule:[Ferias coletivas]
if anyof (header :contains "To" "comercial at domain.tld")
{
         vacation :days 7 :subject "Férias coletivas de 20/12/2012 a
07/01/2013" text:
bla bla bla.
;
         stop;