[Dovecot] Vacation via database

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Fri Feb 3 18:41:23 EET 2012

On 02/03/2012 10:27 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * list at airstreamcomm.net<list at airstreamcomm.net>:
>> We are moving our inbound mail to use dovecot LMTP in the near future and
>> we are looking for suggestions on how to implement a mysql based vacation
>> system.  If anyone has experience with this, good or bad please let us
>> know.
> Why not use sieve?

I am facing a similar issue. It looks like sieve can't fetch data from a
database, and dovecot can't fetch sieve scripts from a database. It
would be useful to have, perhaps, only a global sieve script be able to
query a DB, and it would be very useful to allow dovecot to fetch sieve
scripts (actual scripts, not a file path) from a database. Any way to do
this?