[Dovecot] Question about quota configuration

Przemek Orzechowski Przemek.Orzechowski at makolab.net
Fri Feb 3 16:38:05 EET 2012

Thanks for quick reply

For some reason when i configure dovecot to act as the final LDA in procmail and set
quota_full_tempfail = yes overquota mails get lost somewhere
As Virtualmin is relying for some of its functons on procmail droping it compleetly
is impossible or at least very difficult.

>> Second thing i would like to achive is that when authenticated users close
>> to quota/group quota for example 10MB to quota limit
>> try sending email theyr mail is rejected and preferably an email is
>> generated telling them to free some space for new mails first.
>> (is such a thing possible?)
>
>Check "Quota warnings" at http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/1.1

I agree this is the solution for sending a warning email, but is there a method to actually
prohibit users close to quota to send emails?
Ie defining dovecot as authentication agent ?

>  -jf

to make things easier for everyone im posting snippets from my config of dovecot and procmail

:0wi
VIRTULAMIN=|/etc/webmin/virtual-server/lookup-domain.pl $LOGNAME
EXITCODE=0
:0
* ?/usr/bin/test "$VIRTUALMIN" != ""
{
INCLUDERC=/etc/webmin/virtual-server/procmail/$VIRTUALMIN
}
DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/
DELIVER="/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver"
DROPPRIVS=yes

dovecot config snippets regarding LDA

protocol lda {
mail_plugins = quota
quota_full_tempfail = yes
}

for some reason this results in mails lost without any trace when users
are over quota (i would like to requeue those emails for later delivery)

Most probably its not directly dovecot related but as most people here
are more or less runing mail servers so maybe someone could help me
further.