[Dovecot] v2.1.0 status

Joan Moreau jom at grosjo.net
Sun Feb 12 16:43:26 EET 2012

Thanks for 2.1.0 Timo

Looking forward to beta-test 2.2 :)

Timo Sirainen wrote:

>> I'll release v2.1.rc6 in maybe 16 hours or
so. If no problems are reported in it after a few days I'll just change
version to 2.1.0. So now's a great time to try the latest v2.1 hg
version to see if there are any problems.

> Oh, and if you want to
try out some new things in v2.1.rc6, here's the biggest changes so
far:

> * Added automatic mountpoint tracking and doveadm mount
commands to
> manage the list. If a mountpoint is unmounted, error
handling is
> done by assuming that the files are only temporarily lost.
This is
> especially helpful if dbox alt storage becomes unmounted.
> *
Expire plugin: Only go through users listed by userdb iteration.

Delete dict rows for nonexistent users, unless

expire_keep_nonexistent_users=yes.
> * LDA's out-of-quota and Sieve's
reject mails now include DSN report
> instead of MDN report.
>
> +
LDAP: Allow building passdb/userdb extra fields from multiple LDAP

attributes by using %{ldap:attributeName} variables in the template.
> +
doveadm log errors shows the last 1000 warnings and errors since

Dovecot was started.
> + Improved multi-instance support: Track
automatically which instances
> are started up and manage the list with
doveadm instance commands.
> All Dovecot commands now support -i
parameter to
> select the instance (instead of having to use -c ).
> See
instance_name setting.
> + doveadm mailbox delete: Added -r parameter to
delete recursively
> + doveadm acl: Added "add" and "remove" commands.

+ Updated to Unicode v6.1
> - mdbox: When saving to alt storage, Dovecot
didn't append as much
> data to m.* files as it could have.
> - dbox:
Fixed error handling when saving failed or was aborted
> - IMAP: Using
COMPRESS extension may have caused assert-crashes
> - IMAP: THREAD REFS
sometimes returned invalid (0) nodes.
> - dsync: Fixed handling
non-ASCII characters in mailbox names.