[Dovecot] There is a way to know if a email has been expunged ?

Alex Baule alexwbaule at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:28:37 EET 2012

Hi Again Timo !

I Trying to port quota plugin notify_sync to my plugin, but i found some issues.

I have the hooks already, to replace the mailbx_allocated, like quota
plugin does.

static struct mail_storage_hooks emexis_mail_storage_hooks = {
    .mail_user_created = Mplugin_mail_user_created,
    .mailbox_allocated = Mplugin_mailbox_allocated,
    .mail_allocated = Mplugin_mail_allocated,
    .mailbox_list_created = Mplugin_mailbox_list_created,
    .mail_namespaces_created = Mplugin_antispam_mail_namespaces_created
};

inside the Mplugin_mailbox_allocated, i have:

static void emexis_mailbox_allocated(struct mailbox *box)
{
    union mailbox_module_context *zbox;

    zbox = p_new(box->pool, union mailbox_module_context, 1);
    zbox->super = box->v;
    box->v.open = Mplugin_mailbox_open;
    box->v.sync_notify = Mplugin_mailbox_sync_notify;

    MODULE_CONTEXT_SET_SELF(box, emexis_storage_module, zbox);
}

The v.open i rewrite because my plugin needs.

I try to call the sync_notify like this:

box->v.sync_notify = Mplugin_mailbox_sync_notify;

and follow quota plugin, i try to to this too:

struct mailbox_vfuncs *v = box->vlast;
v->sync_notify = Mplugin_mailbox_sync_notify;

But in this two cases, the Mplugin_mailbox_sync_notify is never
called... i missing something ??

Tks !