[Dovecot] R: Re: LMTP : Can't handle mixed proxy/non-proxy destinations

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 15 04:24:19 EET 2012

On 14.2.2012, at 17.02, cinzia.delcoiro at libero.it wrote:

> I configure  LDAP query in the file : dovecot-ldap.conf in this way:
>
> pass_attrs = mail=user,userPassword=password,=proxy=y,mailHost=host,
> =proxy_timeout=600
>
> specifying "=proxy=y"  in order to proxy every mail.

In LMTP case proxy=y and proxy_maybe=y are actually exactly the same. If you want the mail always proxied, you need to also use a different port. So I guess it'll work if you:

1) Add another LMTP service listener for port 10024

2) Add =proxy_port=10024 to pass_attrs. Although if you use this same passdb for imap/pop3 lookups as well, you need to make the port change lmtp-only:

protocol lmtp {
  passdb {
    driver = sql
    args = dovecot-ldap-lmtp.conf