[Dovecot] pop3 not autocreating directory structure

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Wed Feb 15 13:52:09 EET 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 03:49:21AM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > Looking at the timestamps in the filesystem I see that the users home
> > directory wasn't created before switcing to imap.
> >
> > Is this a know problem?
>
> Probably again a bug in your specific Dovecot version. :) I remember doing fixes related to this (not entirely sure if it was only for v2.1).

Is it maybe changeset 11683:148fccbe9f32 you remeber:

	- - maildir: sometimes rm -rf Maildir;imaptest logout=0 gives
	-   Error: Opening INBOX failed: Mailbox doesn't exist: INBOX

This was just the updated to the todo-list, but I can't see what the fix
was. Also, if it was just occationally failing, it might not be that
critical.. So far it's only happended for one user for the last 36
hours, so either it's only occationally failing, or the other new users
are visiting webmail/imap before pop.

  -jf